May 21, 2011

No Spring Hikes

I am missing our spring hikes! In March I injured my knee and have not been able to hike or even go on walks for 2 months. For 3 weeks I had to sit on the couch for a few hours each day with ice on my knee. Not fun. I love to be active and moving and this has forced me to slow down. Do you think God is trying to tell me something? Forced relaxation?? Tuesday I went back to the orthopedic doctor and he told me what I already knew, the injury is healed but now the muscle in my leg has deteriorated and atrophied. Off to physical therapy twice a week.
You know what I think about during times like this in my life? I think about how there are many people around the world going through the same thing as I am but without medical care, without physical therapy, without a couch to sit on and ice to relieve the swelling and I am humbled and thankful that I only have to endure the pain and inconvenience for a short while. Today I am thankful for the medical care in America, but I still miss our spring hikes :)
Lanae

No comments: